Saturday, June 24, 2006

Brain Dead and Couched. Out

What do you get when you cross me, my father, and daughter with a baby shower my wife threw for my cousin? Give up? A day over at my brother's house cooking a brisket and eating tons of junk. So now I am braindead and don't feel like moving. I don't think I have had a lazy day like this in a while.

Oh, let me tell you about the brisket, it was out of sight! It was my brother Craig's first attempt on his new smoker. Perfect, 'specially when you round it out with some Mr. Stubbies! Yes I know it's called Mr. Stubbs but when you say it with a deep growling voice and say Mr. Schtubbies like Fred Sanford would, it gives this awsome concoction more gravity. This stuff is terrific. The only place I could find a picture of it was at this blog, give it a read. Gotta give credit where it is due. My brother came home with us and we had a great meal. Brisket, corn on the cob and navy beans.

Only one thing would have made dinner better. Big Johns Beans and Fixins. Not only some great beans, but a terrific joke my best friend and I kidded about since grade-school. He has had a copy of Big John's label in his wallet since high school. There is just something funny about it. Remember in my last post I spoke of my sick sense of humor? Go figure. Anyway dinner would have been even better with a can of this. I told y'all It was a braindead and couched out day.

Tomorrow is my first day back at church working instead of being a civilian. I will be back in choir, and setting up the media. It's good to serve again. I was getting disconnected.

Ok, at this point I am blogging just to blog. Rambling on an on. Forgive me. See what happens when you eat too much junk?

Hope y'all have had a great weekend.


Larry

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm Mmm, the brisket sounds good.

Carol
writeathome.wordpress

Larry said...

It was!


Larry

Helen Losse said...

Hi Larry,
Hope all is well. We got the woodwork painted in our kitchen today. Yeah!!! And tomorrow is our anniversary (same as Shirley's, only we've been married 37 years). We haven't decided yet what to do. I wanted a pretty day to go somewhere, but there's nothing but thunderstorms. We'll see.

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com