Monday, June 12, 2006

Acts 2:43-47

A deep sense of awe came over them all, and the apostles performed many miraculous signs and wonders. And all the believers met together constantly and shared everything they had. They sold their possesions and shared the proceed with those in need. They worshiped together at the Temple each day, met in homes for the Lords's Supper, and shared their meals with geat joy and generosity-all the while praising God and enjoying the goodwill of all the people. And each day the Lord added to their group those who were being saved. Acts 2:4

I wish I was brave enought to live this way. Fellowship and the Lords Supper each day.

Because of my job I am able to feed my family and provide a place to live. I believe God has provided this for me. In turn I provide my time, energy and money back to the Church.
I wish I had more money to give back. Sometimes I fail to even give my tithe. This could be because my check was short that week or, let's be honest because I find excuses not to give. "Well, I will double up next time" I say. There are a lot of Christian disciplines in which I fall short.

I struggle each day, especially on my medication to maintain my prayer life. Since my surgery I have been disconected from church completely. I feel lost in spaaaace at times.

You know what though? God knows where I am at. He knows what I am struggling with. In fact many times when we struggle, God is using it in several ways.

One, to draw us closer to him. He desires a relationship with us. Guess what? If we only call on him when we are in trouble, then all we are going to have is trouble. We have to pray during the good times and bad.
Two, to prune us to make us stronger and healthier. Have you ever pruned a tree? Your trimming it to help it bear good fruit. Pruning could hurt.

Each day I grow stronger and stronger in my faith and my walk with the Lord. He uses everything in my life as a tool to mold me to his ways. Most recently my surgery. It has been a difficult time. I have made some tough changes in my lifestyle for the good during this period. Tough times + good changes= pruning.

I may falter in my steps but never beyond His reach.



Larry



4 comments:

Shirley Buxton said...

I know of no one who has been mightily used of the Lord, who has not suffered. God uses broken things--for He will not share His glory with another. When we are humbled, broken and have totally learned to lean on Him, then...He can truly use us for His Kingdom.

Blessings today.

Helen Losse said...

Praise the Lord, Larry. Shirley is so right.

ellen said...

You ministered to me today and I thank you for that - today is a struggling sort of day for me and your words gave me the greatest encouragement! Thank you - and to think you can do that will all that estrogen surrounding you!

Thanks Larry!

Blessings and peace!

Larry said...

Shirley, Love the way you said that.
Also I have to laugh we keep misfiring on our humor...LOL I was thinking of the Bill Murray and Forrest comments on your Blog.

Thank you Helen!

I posted on Ellen's blog that I have, eight? or nine? girls in my life from my wife to my pets.. My next post is going to be about them.. LOL. Oh the struggles! Oh the Humanity!

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com