Thursday, May 18, 2006

Three Days and Counting

Three Days and Counting!
Till surgery time. I feel confident about it but I still have jitters. Giving yourself up to the knife is the ultimate loss of control. Not that I ever had it (powerless). But I at least try to maintain a facade.

My wife and I met a woman about my age at Wal-mart this evening. She was wearing the type of brace they give you after disc fusion surgery. We saw her riding around on one of those scooters they give people with mobility problems. If there were ever any doubt about having the surgery they are gone! I'm gonna get me one of them scooters!
How cool is that going to be?


We talked for a bit, its funny how small the world we live in. Her operation was two weeks ago. I was pleased to see how soon she was up and around. We actually have the same doctor. Coincidence? The only difference is she had two discs fused and I am having three. She told us what to expect. How good the hospital was, physical therapy, the pain etc. Her attitude was awesome. Getting to talk to her went a long way to settling my nerves. In recovery we talk about how God speaks to us through other people. I can't think of a better example than this.


Larry

5 comments:

Helen Losse said...

Larry,

You will be in my prayers.

deborah64bb said...

Will be keeping you and yours in prayer. And with the medical team.

deborah said...

Will be keeping you and yours in prayer. And with the medical team.

deborah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Larry said...

I want to thank everyone for their wonderfull prayers. It really has made me feel a whole lot better about monday.

Many thanks..

Larry

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com