Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Surgery Day

This is the place. Hermann Memorial Hospital. Located at the heart of the world renowned Houston Medical Center. The place I had my surgery. They told me to be there at 6:00 am Monday morning May 22. I arrived on-time. I had eaten nor drank anything since 9:30 or so the night before. No pain meds, no caffiene and no nicotine. I was in a wonderful mood. I checked in and was directed to a waiting area. Turns out my Doctor likes all his patients there early in case he finishes sooner. I didn't actually go in until 11:30. It was a nice wait. Great to let all of those fears stew for a while. The anesthesia people came in. Very charming. Gave me my "Cocktail" and wheeled me into the operating room. I vaguely remember talking to somone. Then I wake up in my room. I am placing a link here that will show my doc doing the same type surgery on another patient. I found this when I got home. I was very impressed. You can view it here.

Overall I have to give my Doc a ten. Memorial Hermann an eight. The nurses I had during my stay were with one exception so so. I really wanted to do a more comprehensive post on my visit but, everything is very hazy. I can't remember much LOL.


Larry


1 comment:

Helen Losse said...

Hi Larry,

I just thought I'd stop by and let you know you're still in my prayers. And now that you're healing a bit, please know that I covet your prayers for me, also. We all have our temptations. Love, Helen

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com