Saturday, July 1, 2006

Fragmentation

Got my laptop back. Thought I lost it all. Pictures, music, all kinds of workfiles. A big chunk of my life. It is interesting how computers have become a bit like giant scrapbooks eh? Or maybe like that old closet in your house. You know, where your mom kept keepsakes, pictures and so on. The difference is a fire or flood would take out those memories. With a computer, a virus or a fragmented hard drive will do it. Now I have a choice I can back it up to keep it safe, but just like that closet you kinda forget it's there. Till something bad happens. Then you get that sick feeling. What was I thinking? Next time I get some extra cash? External hard drive. Let the backing up begin.

Thats the way I felt, before I came back to Jesus. Defragmented, lost. A big chunk of my life gone. I didn't know what hope was to know I didn't have any. Lost in a world of guilt and shame over my drug use. Not knowing or thinking how to stop the cycle. Luckily, like my laptop I didn't just stop. I didn't go to jail, hospital, or morg. A little voice told me it was time. God put the pieces back together. Not all at once but when He knew I was ready.


Larry

4 comments:

Helen Losse said...

Hi Larry,
Glad you got your computer back up. And yes, backing up is important. Which reminds me, I need to back up my files. Hope you're doing all right.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful analogy and testimony. God is so good!

Carol
www.writeathome.wordpress.com

shirley buxton said...

Larry, after I sent you an email and was closing out my computer, up popped this comment space.

Blessings again,

Shirley Buxton
www.writenow.wordpress.com

Whitney said...

Hhmmm. I'm sinning as we speak as I covet your laptop! I want wireless internet and a laptop so badly. But, my dear hubby reminds me I'd get nothing accomplished. I'm already glued to this one too much as it is!

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com