Monday, May 14, 2007

Love Part II


I recently finished reading Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller What a fantastic Read! I got so much out of it.

You can read stuff and something clicks that blows your mind. A new way of looking at things.

Here is something that really changed my thinking from reading the book. I am totally relating to what spoke to me as I read. These are not quotes from the book. If it smooshes with it consider it a paraphrase.

You have to completely accept God's Supernatural Love.

I am the greatest in the world at talking down to myself. When I say a bad word. Have lustful thoughts, let my eyes wander, or watch something I shouldn't, I feel guilty to the point of paralyzation. Like Jim Carrey in the movie Liar Liar. You know, the bathroom scene. "Excuse me! Do you mind! I'm Kickin' my own ass!"

Paul tell's us "While we were still sinners Christ died for us." Jesus knows how broken and twisted we are. That's why he did what he did. We were beyond the law. Now we are free!

Shame and guilt can torture us into believing, how could God love us? This is satan seperating us from the Sheperd. Good conviction is a tug, a desire to do better. If you hear, you suck, how could you do that, what is wrong with you, it is of the devil.

All you have to say to remember is, Jesus died for me!


Larry

3 comments:

Carol said...

So true what you said about the difference between conviction and condemnation. I think a lot of people don't realize this, so you are blessed to have this revelation.

Blessings,
Carol

Mandylea said...

Larry-boy, I am trying to learn not to kick myself so hard all the time.....there are plenty of ppl standing in line to do that for me.


mandylea

Linda (Lou) said...

An awesome book, "Blue Like Jazz". Just started a Rob Bell book called "Velvet Elvis", and I can already tell that it's in the same great reading vein as "BLJ". No need to kick ourselves as the line tends to be long of others who are more than willing to do it for us! :-) "There is no condemnation..."

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com