Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Eternity


Ecclesiastes 3-11


God has planted eternity in the human heart.


How do we fathom this? God has planted eternity in our hearts. It means that each of us, no matter where we are from. No matter what our culture, He has done this for all of human-kind.


Paul tells us in Romans that people instinctively know about God. He has placed this knowledge in our hearts as well.


In my life I denied this for years. Things were wrong, and I could never quite put my finger on what it was. My lifestyle was fueled by the weekend. The never ending I owed it to myself whether I deserved it or not. Then Monday morning "welcome back to reality."


Self medication with a prescription of lies and fears with a dose of as needed, leaves you lost in the world. This place we live in with it's decieving beauty is empty without God. We can see what he has created but, without him it is hollow, nothing. We see without seeing. We know but don't. Going through the motions.


I knew my life was wrong. A disaster, with a gulf of no hope. Hope is like sight. You don't know what's missing until you recieve it. The last time I visited the eye doctor he changed my contacts. I tried the new lenses and "wow!" I can see!


I had no idea my lack of hope until I had it.


In Christ I'll have it for eternity.



Larry

1 comment:

DeadMule said...

This place we live in with its deceiving beauty is filled with God. Too bad we often fail to see the Divine along with the natural. The Divine is natural; try that one for hope.

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com