Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Journey


A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. An ant builds a mound one grain of sand at a time. Faith as small as a mustard seed can move a mountain.

Jesus is a lamp to our feet, a light unto our path. A light at our feet means we can only see what is right ahead of us. Single steps, single steps. The kiss principle, keep it simple stupid.

Sometimes something so small is the way to go. I don't have to slay the dragon all at once, I'll just hack away and pray for progress. My thought processes seem to be getting back to normal. My focus is much better.

Right now.
I hate to go more than that because I don't know what tomorrow holds. I pray for strength and the peace that passes all understanding. I also pray that I will totally accept the Grace and the supernatural love that God has for me. I do but, my brain has a hard time encompassing it.

Hey, I journaled three days in a row...

Pray for George, that he will come to know Christ and accept His Grace.



Larry

2 comments:

Mandylea said...

Larry-boy,
I love this post. I especially love the reference to light unto my feet. I also really like that you are saying that you can only slay the dragon one day at a time. I remember one time when I was in the hopsital outpatient progam and was told about the "pink elephant in the room". Larry, along the same lines of your dragon, how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. I just thought you would appreciate that thought. Keep up the good work. I am very proud of you.

mandylea

Ellen said...

Larry, thank you so much for sharing this - I am struggling so much with accepting God's grace and love for me right now - I pray we both just feel encompassed by it and certain of it.

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com