Monday, May 28, 2007

Back on the Bike



Do you feel the winds of change?
Soon this weight will fall away
And take you to a place
Only found through these winds of change



What a good weekend. I have been back on my bike twice. Day one, 4o minute or so ride. Day two an hour. I almost ate it today on the wet trails. It is tradition here that it always rains Memorial day weekend. This one was no exception.


Of course I did the obligitory Memorial Day guy thing. Watched two hours of the series Band of Brothers. I had never seen the last two episodes. Fantastic, I never cease to be in awe of the people who serve in uniform for our country. I watch our guys over in Iraq and Afganistan on the Military Channel and feel like a complete pansy. Incredible what they do.


Anyways, the above lyric is from a song that gives me hope when I'm down. I try to listen to it once a day.
I'm starting a new side-bar of what I am listening to. Just wanted to share some of the tunes that have given me a boost.


Trust me,


There have been a lot




Larry




3 comments:

Mandylea said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Good for you getting back on the bike. I think I might bite the dirt if I even looked at bike like I was actually going to get on it!!! You have put the guilt on me to go to the gym tonight. I did not go one time last week and HAVE to get back on track so thanks for the guilt trip!!! I did however swim 10 laps yesteerday so I think that counts for something. Keep up the bike.pmgplswx

Whitney said...

Glad to see you enjoyed your weekend as well. I wanted to share a song that keeps me going...

"Tunnel" by Third Day. It is my daily reminder that there is light at the end of the tunnel and someone much bigger than me is in charge of that...thank goodness!

Larry said...

Ahhh, good one Whitney. Hey while your at it mandy drop and give me 20.

Larry

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com