Sunday, May 27, 2007

Finally, The Awards Are Out!

Last month Shirley Buxton presented me with The Thinking Blogger Award. It was the first blog award I have recieved from my peers, and coming from her was a true honor. So today, finally, I am awarding five blogs that really make me think.

1. Three Kid Circus. I love the name of Jenny's blog. I have tons of kids in my house and I love her stories. The post that really got me was "Bad to the Bone" I was laughing hysterically. When I was a kid we weren't allowed to say "butt" either, we had to say bottom or even worse, fanny. (is it any wonder I have issues?)

2. A LifeTime on the Ride: Mandy has been one of my blogging buddies since I started. This past year has been a huge growing experience for her, and I have enjoyed and found strength in her writing. She has gone from severe depression to running freaking marathons!

3. The Soiled Chamois: This one is a bit different. Jason is an endurance mountain biker. Half the time I am not sure what he is talking about but, (bike terminology) he is totally driven to what he does. Jason writes about it with humor and flair.

4. Acute Politics: Teflon Don does an awesome job writing on his experiences in Iraq. It is almost like you are there with him. We need to honor him and all our serving men and women in uniform past and present for Memorial Day. Actually they should be honored everyday for their sacrifice.

5. Blah Blah Blog: Linda (aka Lou) not only has a great sense of humor but is a great humanitarian as well. She is a nurse who spends her summers on mission trips. Make sure you check out her emergency roomisms.



So all of y'all check-em out. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.



Larry

8 comments:

Mandylea said...

Thanks so much for your generosity, not just with the award but also with your comments. You are so awesome and I didn't realize we started blogging about the same time. Pretty cool.

I guess I need to be finding my 5 awards to give out.

mandylea

Larry said...

I'm not sure if we started at the same time, but you were one of my first posters..

Larry

Carol said...

Congratulations on your thinking blogger award! Hope you have a great Memorial Day.

Carol

shirley buxton said...

Hello, Larry. Thank you for the link and for your sweet remarks. I'll be checking out the sites to which you made awards.

I join with you in honoring those military people who serve us so well.

Bless you, my friend.

Shirley Buxton
www.shirleybuxton.wordpress.com

Whitney said...

Very cool. Congrats on your award...you should get a trophy for the mantel! I enjoy stopping in... You always help me to feel encouraged in this journey we call life.

Linda (Lou) said...

Wow, Larry. Thanks for the award. (I'm glad you appreciate my humor! Many don't! :-) )

I am honored!

And I only have a few days to figure out to whom I'll be giving my five awards! I might have to do it when I get home from Sicily in August!

Larry said...

No worries glad you like it.

Lou, so you better not lollygag like I did. LOL. We are united in a sick sense of humour.

Larry

Linda (Lou) said...

Larry,

True, true!

You should see the stuff that I don't write! You don't want to be in my head. Now THAT's a scary place! :-)

Lou

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com