Friday, January 12, 2007

WitnessLight

Breakthrough! attitude change, faith change, thinking change.

I have always been hesitant about sharing faith on a personal level. Fear of judgement I guess, people thinking I'm crazy etc. Since my recent adventure in recovery from pain medication I have noticed a distinct difference.
I believe everthing happens for a reason. I believe God has used this time in my life to draw me closer to him. I go to him now with unreserved abandon. There are still lots of things I need to improve on and I pray for guidance everyday.


Which brings me back to sharing faith. While at church Wednesday night some folks came up to attend a Narcotics Anonymous meeting. Unfortunately that meeting Wednesday night ended a year ago. I spoke with them, gave them the information they needed on the other meetings in the area. One of them was staying in a local motel paid for by his family. I agreed to ferry him to the Thursday night meeting. I prayed for God to give me an opportunity to witness and for what to say.


When the opportunity came I took it. I shared a bit of my story, gave him a bible, and asked him if I could pray for him. He allowed and I did. Tonight he is coming to our Celebrate Recovery meeting.


I didn't even break a sweat. It has always been easy to write about Jesus here, or to talk about Him at CR but on a one on one level it has always been difficult. Thank God he gave me the courage.

The Freedom we have in Christ is something we must share like He did, on a personal level.



I'm Glad I did.



Larry

2 comments:

Bill said...

Hello, Larry. Glad to have you stop by the Spiritual Oasis Blog. Hope you will come back often.

BTW, I maintain a separate blogroll on my web site. If you would like for me to list your blog, just let me know. Here’s a link if you want to check it out:

The Spiritual Oasis Blogroll

Helen Losse said...

Hi Larry. Sometimes a direct personal witness is the only thing that works.

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com