Monday, January 22, 2007

PeaceLight


The peace that passes all understanding. I never really understood that until now.
I am not only a believer who struggles with addiction and co-dependency, I am also a believer who struggles with adhd (attention deficit hyperactive disorder). Say that three times fast!
My brain never wants to shut down. It is like the energizer bunny, it keeps going and going and going and well, you get the picture.
All of my recent trauma has served one primary purpose. To bring me closer to Christ. As the dust has settled I find myself surrendering to his will on a daily basis. Let me rephrase that. I find myself paying attention to his will for me on a daily basis. I am trying to incorporate some of the things we read about and talk about and are preached to about, but struggle with implementing.
1. Reading my bible more.
2. Praying unceasingly.
3. Keeping Him in my mind at all times.
4. Giving my family the same energy I give the church.
5. Meditating on His Word.
6. Asking His will before I do it.
7. Praying more.
These are just a few and all are works in progress. I do some better than others. I did make a commitment to not watch tv this week, and am spending the time either with my family or in bible or step study.
I am trying to get my brain off of local thinking and onto eternal thinking.
It is a big step I know. But with the guidance of the Holy Spirit I can take it.
Larry

4 comments:

Paulette said...

Hi Larry, not sure how you found my blog but it blessed me to pieces knowing you did!!

Am so glad other CR folk are blogging...really wonderful and awesoem how God has brought so many people together...thanks for visiting, I am adding yours to mine if you don't mind..

P x

Linda (Lou) said...

We ALL need to learn these lessons. Thanks for the eloquently stated reminder.

Helen Losse said...

Hi Larry. Keep on trusting, one day at atime.

donna said...

I am praying for you...and that your dependency on God reigns and soars......keep trusting....

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com