Monday, January 8, 2007

TruthLight

Finally, the year, the surgery, everything, has come full circle. I have to humbly make amends to all of you. I have been out of it lately, most of you know that. I have had trouble making this public.

One, you never know when something like this may bite you on the can ten years from now. Two, I was trying to hang on to a shred of anonymity.

If some of you were paying attention y'all know exactly what was going on. December 26th I had to have medical help to get off the freakin' pain pills I had been on since November of last year. Why you ask? Car wreck in 04 and then surgery in May of 06. I knew in October I was going to need a hand. I tried several times on my own... Wasn't happening. Not a good thing. I needed medical help to detox.

Sunday was my first really good day since December 26th when I took my last pill. My recovery from surgery was not as hard as getting the poison out of my system.

This has been a great experience. Despite the pain withdrawal and the purging I have drawn much closer to God. I am on fire again for my mission, and what He wants me to do.

I feel alive again.

So I want to make amends to those who have worried without explanation.

Forgive me and thank you for your prayers.

Larry

6 comments:

Helen Losse said...

Hi Larry. I've been praying for you and didn't know what was wrong, but you don't need to feel that you owe me an apoplogy. I'm just glad to hear that you're okay.

Carol said...

Hi Larry,

Thank you for your visit to my blog, and I'm glad you were encouraged by what I posted today. I must confess that I haven't been to your blog for a while,and I am sorry. I will certainly be keeping you and your family in prayer, and I'm confident that God will see you through this.

Sincerely,

Carol

Larry said...

Thanks Carol. I have been very sporadic in my blogging habits over the last few months. It's amazing the difference in motivation when you have a clear head.

I hope to be around a whole lot more.

Thnak you for your prayers.

Larry

Larry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda (Lou) said...

Hi Larry. Glad to see you're back and clear headed once again. Thanks for sharing your struggle with "all of us". We who have been forgiven much truly understand why He had to save us, don't we?? God bless you my friend!

Larry said...

Thanks Lou

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com