Saturday, January 20, 2007

BrokenLight

Hallelujah! God is good!

We will never know the mystery of God and why. One day perhaps, when standing before his throne we could ask.

Friday night's meeting was beauty personified. A real experience in the Holy Spirit.

We admit we are powerless over our addictive and compulsive behaviors and that our lives are unmanageble.
That is the first step.

But, are we truly powerless? Yes, without Christ we truly are. But with we aren't. "If God is for us who can be against us?"

One of our members has been out. Out using, drinking, whatever. We have all been praying for his safe return. Friday night he returned. I know what your thinking, how long will it last and is it real? All I can say is that in our men's small group he was well and truly broken and convicted by the Holy Spirit. This is not a man who crys in front of others. There was electricity in the air.

We were blessed to be there. There wasn't one of us who hadn't experienced brokenness on that level. It was a beautiful thing to see. Will he stay sober? I hope. But for now he is where he should be. Powerless and trusting God.

We are all powerless and that's ok if, we are saved by Grace in Christ Jesus.

Romans 8:26-27

Likewise the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for us according to the will of God.

Rejoice for the joy of the Lord is going to be our strength!

Beautiful

Larry

3 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Larry,

Glad to hear your meeting went well. God can do a lot for us when we come to Him with a broken and contrite spirit. I will pray your friend continues to do well.

Blessings,

Carol

Helen Losse said...

Hi Larry, Glad to hear your friend is back. Keep on trusting the Lord. He loves us all and will sustain us, if that is what we seek.

Micky said...

About 3 years ago I dropped into a black hole – four months of absolute terror. I wanted to end my life, but somehow [Holy Spirit], I reached out to a friend who took me to hospital. I had three visits [hospital] in four months – I actually thought I was in hell. I imagine I was going through some sort of metamorphosis [mental, physical & spiritual]. I had been seeing a therapist [1994] on a regular basis, up until this point in time. I actually thought I would be locked away – but the hospital staff was very supportive [I had no control over my process]. I was released from hospital 16th September 1994, but my fear, pain & shame had only subsided a little. I remember this particular morning waking up [home] & my process would start up again [fear, pain, & shame]. No one could help me, not even my therapist [I was terrified]. I asked Jesus Christ to have mercy on me & forgive me my sins. Slowly, all my fear has dissipated & I believe Jesus delivered me from my “psychological prison.” I am a practicing Catholic & the Holy Spirit is my friend & strength; every day since then has been a joy & blessing. I deserve to go to hell for the life I have led, but Jesus through His sacrifice on the cross, delivered me from my inequities. John 3: 8, John 15: 26, are verses I can relate to, organically. He’s a real person who is with me all the time. I have so much joy & peace in my life, today, after a childhood spent in orphanages [England & Australia]. God LOVES me so much. Fear, pain, & shame, are no longer my constant companions. I just wanted to share my experience with you [Luke 8: 16 – 17].

Peace Be With You
Micky

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com