Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Isaiah 6 1-7


I saw the Lord. Seated on a lofty throne, and the train of His robe filled the Temple.

Around Him were angels, with six mighty wings. With two they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet,and with two they fly, and sing.


Holy holy holy is the Lord almighty!

The whole earth is filled with His Glory.


The Glorious singing shook the Temple to it's foundations, and the entire sanctuary was filled with smoke.


Then I said "Whoa is me for I am ruined. For I am unclean and so are all my kind. For my eyes have seen the King, The Lord Almighty.


Then one of the angels flew over to the altar, and he picked up a buning coal with a pair of tongs. He touched my lips and said "Now your guilt is removed and your sins are forgiven".



Can you imagine? Isaiah saw God in all His glory! How difficult is that to get your mind around? It is not even something I can comprehend. Can you?



Larry


7 comments:

Linda (Lou) said...

No. I cannot.

shirley buxton said...

Since I was a child, I have tried to imagine God...to get a grip on Him...to come to some sort of understanding. I cannot.

He is so holy, so righteous, so powerful, so far above our ways that He is incomprehendable.

Only through the Holy Ghost, only by being led of the Spirit can we have the slightest modicum of comprehension.

Thank you for writing of those beautiful words.

Shirley Buxton
www.writenow.wordpress.com

Larry said...

:) For me reading those verses, I just have a hard time getting my mind around it. We will never be able to understand until we get to Heaven.

Larry

Carol said...

I know I won't be able to comprehend His glory and holiness until I see Him face to face. I'm looking forward to that day!

charlescameron said...

Larry, you wrote to me a while ago, saying that you had been reading the Bible Reading Notes on my 'Christ in all the Scriptures' blog. You may be interested that, as well as posting the full set of these notes at this blog, I have started to put more - different -notes online at a new blog - www.charlescameron.blogspot.com (So far, these notes cover the first 25 chapters of Genesis).
God is always greater than our thoughts of Him. This is well expressed in the chorus: 'You are beautiful beyond description, too marvellous for words, too wonderful for comprehension, like nothing ever seen or heard. Who can grasp Your infinite wisdom? Who can fathom the depth of Your love? You are beautiful beyond description, Majesty, enthroned above. And I stand, I stand in awe of You ... Holy God, to whom all praise is due, I stand in awe of You'.

Helen Losse said...

This was David's vision, not something he imagined.

Steve said...

Thanks for the words.

Peace.

Steve.

http://newpsalms.wordpress.com/

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com