Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Jekyll and Hyde Christian

Why is it that after a spiritual high there is a spiritual low? Great behavior followed by bad attitudes and a serious lack of patience and understanding?

Is this me? or is it everybody?

If its just me, I get it. I tend to be a nest of radical reversals. Bi-polar anyone?

Sunday my wife and I went to a new church a co-worker attends.

It was awesome!

For the first time in a year or more I felt the true blessing of the spirit. I couldn't decide whether to laugh, cry or sing, so I managed a mishmash of gutteral, goofy grins, and semi-tears. Despite the conflicting emotions it was an awesome feeling.

My wife and daughter walked out chattering like magpies about how wonderful it was. Excited, for once to get involved in a church.

Everthing was about praising God. From the opening music to the offering it was all about the Lord.

It was not about which deacon's turn it was to pray that week, or the youth pastor having time to give the announcements.

It was awesome!

So what happens next? I get to work and promptly start chewing a guys butt for not doing what he was supposed to be doing.

And not in a constructively positive way. Granted the guy was annoying, running his mouth, whiniing, and being a jerk. But I could have totally handled it much better. There were several choice words I could have left off saying.

Oooo I'll celebrate the blessing I received in church by being an ass.

Nice one

Larry

4 comments:

lynnmosher said...

Larry, Though I have just scanned your blog, I really like it. I've added it to my favs and I'll be back. Be blessed...Lynn Mosher

DeadMule said...

We people are a strange lot. And we do criticize a bit. Forgive yourself, Larry. And get on with life. Love, Helen

Larry said...

Thank you Lynn.

Helen, I moved on, and did. It was just so irritating at the time.

Hope you are doing well.

Larry

Courtney Vail said...

Everyone makes mistakes, but we're blessed to a Father who's ever so gracious when we screw up.

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com