Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Poison Ivy










Isn't there a song about poison ivy? The Coasters sang it right? I think there was a movie about it too. Some chick ruins a family or something.


Let me tell you, the real thing is worse! Painful, itching, scabby, nasty I would rather have a good burn or broken arm. I have no idea where I got it from either.


The good ole homestead here in Tyler is something of a throwback. Our house is over 40 years old and small. We went from 3300 square feet to somethng like 1300 with one teeny-weeny little bathroom. I have all my girls and the two dogs. It has been quite the learning experience.'

1. My showers now last two minutes.


2. There is no such thing as going to the bathroom in privacy anymore.


3. No dishwasher


4. When we first moved in, no dryer. All we had were 110 plugs, it was set up for a
gas dryer. What the heck is a gas dryer?



You know what? I love it. All my life I have been so spoiled it's nice to be a bit primitive for a change.


I sign in to Letourneau University on the 23rd and register for classes on the 24th. On Monday the 27th I'll be wearing the old college beanie! Did I just use the word beanie in a sentence?



I can't wait to throw the frisbee on the quad, and get a raccoon coat! One of my best friends and fellow university attender at U of H says I've seen to many movies.



Somehow I don't think Letourneau Is going to be like Animal House.



My major will be Biblical ministry with a possible minor in cross cultural evangelism, or a youth track. I'm not entirely sure. Where ever God wants me I'll go.


I am just thankful I didn't get the poison ivy somewhere personal.




Larry

2 comments:

shirley buxton said...

Larry, glad everything is progressing well...except for the poison ivy of course.

I think of you often and pray every blessing as you walk in this new direction.

Love to your family also.

Mandylea said...

Bless your heart. I am so sorry for the ivy incident. Congrats on school. I am hoping to get an acceptance letter/email/call for grad school in the next week!!

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com