Thursday, April 1, 2010

Hectic Hurley Burley















I have always wanted to use that title for a blog post. Now is as good a time as any. Thats what the last few weeks have been like. A crazy hurley burley mess. Or ginormous cluster, oh well you get the idea. However, as crazy as its been, much has been accomplished.

First, I am back in ministry. Celebrate Recovery to be exact. It has been exciting and scary at the same time. After all I have been away actively for three years. I started off with leadership training on a few Saturdays, and did my testimony on a Tuesday night.

Amazing, I had to rewrite it from my generic, pitch CR to the congregation testimony to keeping it real, and unfettered! It felt good, being honest about everything and leaving nothing sanitized. I processed four years of unvarnished hurts, habits, and hang-ups in one fell swoop, as well as much experience strength and hope. It was balanced, and impactful. God indeed, never wastes a hurt.

Other chapters in my life are coming to a close and I am happy for that as well.

I started back to school after Spring Break only to come down with a nasty case of bronchitis. Thank God it wasn't as bad as the last. I have recovered after three days.

So now I am trying to gear up to finish this semester at school strong. I am getting organized, focusing my time, and writing papers. Its going to be a tough busy push, but well worth it. Only one more year at school and I graduate!

Thank God he has brought me this far!

I wish all of you a blessed Easter weekend. Never forget what he has done for us!

He has risen indeed!

1 comment:

Robert said...

Hi,

My name is Rev Robert Wright, Editor for Christian.com, a social network made specifically for Christians, by Christians. We embarked on this endeavor to offer the entire Christian community an outlet to join together and better spread the good word of Christianity. Christian.com has many great features like Christian TV, prayer requests, finding a church, receiving church updates and advice. We have emailed you to collaborate with you and your blog to help spread the good word of Christianity. I look forward to your response regarding this matter. Thanks!


Rev. Robert Wright
rev.robertwright@gmail.com
www.christian.com

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com