Sunday, January 27, 2008

Egomania




I've been thinking this morning.



I know, dangerous eh?

Some of you can smell the smoke coming from my ears.

My family and I are headed off to church today for the first time in a month two.

Before the gasps and the judgment, let me explain.

When my family and I came to the Tyler, Texas, area for me to start school I was on a high. I was Mr. Recovery, Mr. Church, Mr. on his way to become a pastor by going to University.

Did I act this way? Nope. In true passive aggressive fashion when I did not recieve the welcome I felt I deserved I backed off. Kept my toe in like the co-dependent I am and ran like a scared rabbit the first chance I got.

Throw in my bi-polar, self-esteem issues and I had effectively isolated myself like a smoker in California.

School and my Job were different. I had to be there everyday. The longer I have stayed the more friends I have made. (ugh, I didn't mean to rhyme.)

So we are off to church today.

With true broken humility.


I might even wear a tie.


Larry


PS. A few changes, I have created another blog, Nausea. I havn't felt right posting worldly stuff on Hallelujahs. News, politics, etc. Please check it out. Helen, I will be disapointed if you don't call me on my stuff over there, You can reach it here.

Fellow bloggers, if you would like a link posted on the new blog let me know. Since its orientation is different than Hallelujahs I wanted to ask first.


Love you guys


Larry


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job!...even the tie. :)

shirley Buxton
www.shirleybuxton.wordpress.com

Larry said...

I said I may wear a tie.

I just couldn't.

I did think about it though.

ellensilva said...

I am glad you found your way back.

Peace!

DeadMule said...

Hi Larry, Long time no words from you. Hope you are all right. Helen

Duke said...

Peace be with the moderator as well as those reading this message.
The time has come.
I am here to bring judgment to the living and the dead. The harvest is ripe.
Pass this on to all fellow believes.

The Faithful Witness
Duke

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com