Friday, May 22, 2009

The Journey





Once a man has made that first move, once he has cast off his moorings, his associations, broken with his school, his church, his village store, and his relatives, it is easy to continue on. It is always easier to travel than to stop.


As long as one travels toward a promised land, the dream is there, to stop means to face the reality, and it is easier to dream than to realize the dream.


Louis L'amour



In the two years since I cast off my moorings and came to school I have found it hard to connect and to put into practice what I have learned.


Finding a church.


Finding a Celebrate Recovery to get involved with.


Finding a ministry to become a part of.


Friendships have been real but semi-shallow.


Focus. (I wanted to throw in another word that begins with F.)


My little family; Lisa my wife, and Alexis my daughter, changed everything to come up here to LeTourneau, and it has been a blessing, and a strange fogged, surreal dream. Our lives are better in most ways but shaky in others.


I have learned much but am adrift. Am I afraid to live the dream? I am realizing it but not living it.



Is it time to stop and face reality, that my calling is going to be messy and dangerous?


Engage or stay safe?


Larry



1 comment:

Lou said...

A ship in harbor is safe...but that is not what ships are for. Like Captain Picard always says...ENGAGE!!!! :-)

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com