Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Alone In the Dark

i had new person comment on one of my posts the other day about being back in the real word.






It was reassuring. I may be back in the real world but God is with me too.

As I bounced over to her blog, Supernatural Christian, I read the following post Called "Be Assured". In it she speaks of her sensitivity to evil in the world, and other people.

She is an awesome writer and a bit trippy.

Anyway I digress.

Tonight at work I snuck out to get a break from the hustle and bustle of closing the restaurant.
To be honest, I had to have a smoke. (Just keeping it real, yes I still struggle with the nicotine fiend.)

So I am sitting out there, and one of the guys comes out and pulls his car up close to where I am sitting. Now I am tired, my feet are hurting like a hammer whose seen to much action, and this jumps out after turning his stereo up loud so I can here the song that has been running in his head all day.


This cat is a good guy at work, does his job, doesn't gripe too much and he's an admitted bi-sexual. He's got that underground disco/techno lifestyle going. and for those familiar with it, you will understand what I am talking about.


I spent a lot of time in my past drinking and drugging in all kinds of bars: gay, straight, country, etc. Each one has their own subculture, of druggies and drunks.

So all of a sudden this trashy song starts blaring, thump, thump, thump. Bass and high-hat tripping right along. This guys starts lip-synching the lyrics to impress me with this song.

To be honest, I have heard worse, and at one time in my life I probably would have thought the song hilarious. However, all of a sudden my blood ran cold with fear and anxiety.

In my mind I started praying for the Spirit of the Lord, and it came to me that I needed to get myself back inside.

So I told the guy, I gotta get back and finish cleaning up, and rather abruptly went back inside.

On the drive home I thought about what had happened, and I thought about Given55's blogpost.

There was an evil presence floating around that moment, that second, this guy pulled up and cranked out his music.


It really freaked me out. I struggle with my own garbage and sin every day. But thank God I have the Holy Spirit inside, protecting me, admonishing me, saving me.



This guy didn't have that, he had something else, and in that moment I felt it.

Pray for this guy who I'll call Joe. (generic enough?)


Larry

3 comments:

Given55 said...

"Trippy"....maybe,...but, I am wonderfully and perfectly made.

I enjoyed your post. Isn't it good how God gives us insight and supernatural knowledge.

Thanks for the link. I have linked you as well.

mandylea said...

hey larryboy. just checking in to see how your life is going.


mandylea

Shirley said...

Checking on you, Larry. Be well, continue to let the Holy Ghost lead and guide you.

Shirley Buxton
www.shirleybuxton.wordpress.com

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com