Monday, October 8, 2007

Making Sense

Our world is senseless.

Events occur we'll never understand.

I went to school with a guy named Len Gustafson whom I didn't know very well.

His mother was one of my my teachers.

Last week he was killed by a drunk driver in a horrible car accident, leaving behind a wife and two children.

They interviewed his family on the news and it broke my heart to see their grief. I can only guess the agony Len's wife and children must be going through.

Please pray for Len's family. Pray also for his friends.

Larry

4 comments:

Author said...

Larry-boy,
I will pray for his family. You know, we always say that it will never be someone we know/knew and then it is. You are so right that there is so much in this world we will never understand but I do not believe we are meant to understand it all and that is God's way of protecting. us.

mandylea

DeadMule said...

Larry, I will pray for Len's family and also for the driver and his family. The needs are very different but both are real. Both need God in a huge way. Love, Helen

Shannon said...

Larry,
I was a very close friend of Len and his wife, especially. We were in graduate school together. Thank you for your kind words, and I pray more find this reminder they need prayers. Time can start to heal, but Len and his wife were truly so in love with each other. I found this just typing in his name in google. Thanks again, and I know they will feel all the prayers we are sending their way!

Cory said...

Len - you will be missed my friend. Seeing your face for the first time in years and knowing the pain your family must now endure, brings tears to my eyes. Peace be with you my brother.

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com