Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Amazing Grace


I love to be able to come here and post about Amazing Grace. It is odd how somethings just, I don't know, come together throughout the day?


Chris Tomlin's latest album See the Morning has an awsome version of Amazing Grace. I love this song it never fails to move me. This version is called Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone). Wow, talk about moving. He reinserted the original last verse of the song and threw in an extra chorus.

My Chains are gone I've been set free
My God my savior
Has ransomed me
And like a flood
His mercy reigns
Unending Love, Amazing Grace



Amazing Grace is never far from my mind. I know exactly where I come from and How God saved me. Especially today. Today is the four year anniversery of the last day I used drugs and alchohol. He broke my chains and set me free from the slavery of addiction. Valentine's day will always be emancipation day for me.


Amazing Grace the Movie! Yes the movie and it looks really good. I am not going into a lot of detail you can check it out yourself. The movie is about antislavery pioneer William Wilberforce. He was one of the primary agitators in England striving and succeeding to have the slave trade abolished in the British Isles. Wilberforce actually met with John Newton the saved wretch who wrote Amazing Grace!


See how this stuff runs together?


Is it coincidence beloved? Or something deeper?


This is the original as written version of Amazing Grace.


Amazing Grace how sweet the sound!
That sav'd a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.


'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears reliev'd;
How precious did that grace appear,
The hour I first believ'd!


Thro' many dangers, toils and snare,
I have already come;
'Tis grace has brought me safe thus far,
and grace will lead me home.


The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures;
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.


Yes, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease;
I shall profess, within the vail,
A life of joy and peace.


The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,
The sun forbear to shine;
But God, who call'd me here below,
Will be for ever mine.


I love the last verse.



Blessings!


Larry

1 comment:

Helen Losse said...

Great post, Larry. The movie sounds intersting.

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com